Based anywhere in England, working UK hours (Home-based)
IDTechEx is recruiting for an experienced Sales & Business Development Manager who will be responsible for all aspects of the sales cycle including high volume daily cold-calling, qualifying leads, learning client objectives, arranging value-add demonstrations, conducting in-person meetings, creating business proposals, and strategically managing accounts.
In this role, you will be given a European territory (which may change from time to time) in our rapidly growing research sales division.
This role involves effectively selling our company products and services in the form of subscriptions, reports, consulting, and marketing services, and other products that the company may develop. The successful candidate will report to the President and VP Global Research Sales.
Come and work in a dynamic and multicultural business environment, with excellent incentives and benefits and the ability to have a direct impact growing the company. IDTechEx covers some of the most exciting, cutting edge technologies, helping our clients understand how they can profit in these sectors.
Key job responsibilities:
- Establish new business accounts through high volume daily cold-calling, prospecting at events, high activity on social media (LinkedIn & Twitter), monitoring relevant industry news to identify targets and creatively identifying new tools to achieve the same
- Retaining and up-selling existing accounts by ensuring needs are met and building trust
- Managing your designated territory / account sales pipeline and thinking of strategic ways to develop your region and ‘increase revenue.’ Your designated territory and scope may change from time to time.
- Bridge the gap between client needs and IDTechEx products and services
- Familiarize yourself with the competitors and what sets us apart from the competition
- Achieve/overachieve targets set for you
- Support company-wide activities and initiatives
- Follow progress in the market and new trends that will impact clients
- Travel to customer locations and conduct presentations
- Travel to and represent the company at events
- Maintain and update the CRM database to ensure accuracy
- Provide reporting as required to the company
- You are also expected to assist colleagues from time to time in doing work which falls outside of the job role/description.
- A person with initiative, results driven, highly self-motivated with ability to adapt quickly
- Positive, can-do attitude with sense of urgency and initiative
- Creative thinking and Problem-solving skills.
- You will have experience in a sales/business development role with proven results and YoY increased revenue.
- You will have experience in selling products and services (preferably subscriptions, research reports and marketing services but open to sales professionals from other industries, as well.)
- Able to travel extensively
Why work with IDTechEx?
IDTechEx is a global firm established in 1999. The successful candidate will be working at the forefront of science innovation, helping clients to make critical business decisions with the assistance of our services. The successful candidate will engage with a diverse range of organizations, with plenty of opportunity to travel and develop their career. The successful candidate will have a high degree of autonomy and will be able to and are expected to influence marketing and strategy to grow the business in their territory. The successful candidate will be working with colleagues based around the world in a business with a superb reputation and which is growing quickly.
The position will be based in England, initially working from home. The role requires you to work during European/UK business hours.